Some decisions from the Executive Council, June 2021
At its June 2021 meeting, the Executive Council took some important decisions. Here are some brief highlights – you will be able to read the full details in the Minutes as soon as they are ready:
- To offer new Prizes and Subventions for Early Career Researchers
- To offer Travel Grants to Early Career Researchers as well as more senior scholars in countries or contexts that make it extremely difficult for them to finance their travel
- To continue funding for communication (website, mailing & membership lists)
- To approve the Nominating Committee’s new By-laws (and in particular the principle of multiple candidates, whenever possible, for all elected positions) and the Committee’s proposed slate of candidates for the 2022 elections. These will be published soon; further information on nominations and elections, including how to nominate additional candidates, can be found at: https://www.ailc-icla.org/elections-of-officers-and-executive/
- To approve a policy of financial support for Research Committees
- To support the initiative, under professor Haun Saussy’s leadership, to establish closer links and collaborations with associations that may not have “Comparative Literature” in their name but whose work and concerns are very close to those of the ICLA.