Prizes, Grants and Subventions
The AILC-ICLA offers a number of prizes, grants and subventions to its members.
The focus is especially on Early Careers Researchers (including doctoral students), but we also aim to support senior scholars, especially in cases when their circumstances do not allow them to fund their travel to ICLA Congresses.
- ECARE Prizes for Doctoral Students and Early Career Researchers:
- Best Graduate Paper Prize at a Congress of the AILC-ICLA ($ 250) This prize will be inaugurated at the XXIII Congress in Tbilisi, Georgia, in July 2022
- First Book Subvention (up to $ 1500)
- Best Translation Prize ($ 1000)
For more information, see the ECARE prizes page.
- The Anna Balakian Prize, established from a joint donation from the family of Anna Balakian and the Friends of the AILC-ICLA, is awarded to an exceptional first monograph in the field of comparative literary studies, written by a single author who has not attained the age of 40 years ($1000 + travel expenses up to $1000 to attend the Congress to receive the award). For more information see the Balakian Prize page.
Travel Grants in particular (but not only) to participate in an AILC-ICLA International Congress will be offered to Early Career Researchers (including doctoral students) as well as to more senior scholars in countries or contexts that make it extremely difficult for them to finance their travel.
Details of the travel grants to attend the XXIII Congress in Tbilisi, Georgia, 24-29 July 2022, will be published in January 2022.
For more information see the Travel Grants Committee page.
The ICLA also supports:
- its Research Committees‘ activities and publications (click here for more details on the ICLA Research Committees)
- Its open access Journal, Recherche Littéraire/Literary Research;
- the organization of its triennial International Congress, with a subvention of $10,000 (please see the ICLA Congress hosting information for more details).
The AILC-ICLA gratefully welcomes donations to its ECARE Prizes and Travel Grants fund. These can be made by contacting one of our Treasurers (details here) or by making a credit card payment and selecting the Donations option. Thank you.